Friday, August 15, 2008

Bigfoot!!!

Ok, so I don't really have anything profoundly thought-provoking to say, but I haven't posted in a while, so I thought I'd post about the recent claim that a bigfoot body has been found in the mountains of northern Georgia (the U.S. state). I'm sure it's probably a hoax, but I can't help but love cryptozoology. It makes me giddy for some reason. Probably because I'm extremely nerdy. Wouldn't it be super cool if we found a large primate living in North America? Almost as cool as if Nessie were real. Ah well, the stuff they find that is real is sometimes cooler than the stuff that isn't.

In other cool science news, Harry Potter's invisibility cloak could be real!

5 comments:

Jonathan said...

You fool, Banana! Bigfoot isn't real, and nor is that invisible troll standing right behind you.

If it was real, it would have been all over the news by now. I am curious as to why the myths around Bigfoot and Yetis arose- strange that stories about ape-men would arise thousands of miles apart.

Jonathan said...

By the way- your bigfoot link goes to the invisibility cloak page. Perhaps sinister government forces are already hard at work to hide the truth. Or you used the wrong link. I don't know- could be either. :)

Anna Banana said...

Damnit, I fail! I'll fix it!

Jonathan said...

It's a hoax:
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/skynews/
20080819/twl-hoaxed-bigfoot-is-
made-of-rubber-3fd0ae9.html

Lee said...

If it was real, it would have been all over the news by now.

You great big sceptic you...

I am curious as to why the myths around Bigfoot and Yetis arose- strange that stories about ape-men would arise thousands of miles apart.

Monkey see, monkey does?

Seriously though – the reasons why people think these stories up is interesting. I would love to know why – the type of stories are so common. There must be a reason… having said that – most cultures invented a god of some sort or another, so should we be so surprised?

Lee